10289 Ulmerton Rd, Largo, FL 33771, USA
Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design

We bought a puppy from Petland in Largo, FL. We probably spent way too much for our dog, but we fell in love and couldn't imagine life without him. We were told that we could take him to our local vet since we did not live close by for the first checkup as long as it was within the first 4 days, which we did.

A few days later, I called Petland's vet provider and tried to schedule the neutering and was told that we did not qualify for the discounted neutering. I tried to call Petland, but had to go through their corporate office first. I explained everything to them and they said they had to transfer me to someone else. Unfortunately, the first person I talked to did not relay the message to the new person and I had to re-explain my situation. This person transferred me to the store and I had to explain it all again. The last person I talked to said the manager was going to contact the vet clinic and call me back. One week later, I still hadn't received a call back. I went through the whole process again. Again I was told the manager was going to contact the vet clinic and call me back. Four days later I still hadn't gotten a call back.

So I called again. This time I got the name of the manager and the ladies name at the corporate office and she promised me that the manager would call me back by the end of the day. Surprise, surprise...No one called me back!!! This all leads me up to today. I called again today and I was determined to stay on the line until they had an answer for me. So, at the end of the call I found out that we could take the new puppy to our vet for his initial visit, but what they didn't tell us is if we did take him to our vet it would void out the warranty and we would not be able to use their vet for the discounted neutering.

This is the second dog we have gotten from Petland. Our first experience was so good that when we decided to get another dog Petland was our first stop. We went against the 1-1/2 star review and drove to Petland. After this ordeal I understand the 1-1/2 stars!

The only shining star moment that came out of this is knowing that I saved this puppy from such a horrible place!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Petland Pet Adoption.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Pay for neutering costs for my vet..

Petland Pros: I will never go back.

Petland Cons: Customer service.

Comments