On May 23, my baby Junki (2 years and 3 months old) passed away from kidney failure caused by a liver shunt (which are known to be hereditary). We've had him for over two years and we was my little miracle and angel. He was a healthy beautiful baby and we made sure of that. He always had urinating problems as a pup so we changed his diet to consist of rice and chicken instead of dog food more often and it seemed to work for a while because the problems stopped and he was healthy. We made sure to feed him carrots and alot of healthy foods (of course with a couple of unhealthy treats every now and then) to promote a healthy system since he didn't like exercising much (he tired very easily).
Our vet (recommended by Petland) couldn't figure out how the shunt was developed, but I suspected that Junki had it since we got him and everytime we visited the vet, they said he was going to be fine. I recently did some research and found that he probably had portosystemic shunts.
Suddenly, without any idea what was going on, we found urate bladder stones (about 5% of overall bladder stones found in dogs) which are uncommon in malshi breeds (less than 5%) in his urethra. Everything happened so fast and the day after we found out about his stones, he passed away painfully in my arms. It was the most heartbreaking experience of my life. After doing some research, I found out that Petland got their puppies from puppy mills, and I can only suspect that Junki recieved his liver shunt genetically from his parents and the poor treatment in the puppy mills. I can't explain how heartbroken I am.
NEVER GET YOUR PUPPIES FROM A PETSTORE! ESPECIALLY PETLAND! You can't trust where their puppies come from and what conditions they lived in. I am so disapointed in myself for supporting puppy mills and pet stores and letting Junki suffer that way. I love him so much and I don't want anyone to lose someone they love the same way.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sick Puppy
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We got our puppy, Hope (westipoo) from Cornerstone. Hope came to us at 10 weeks old. She is absolutely amazing and the family was very nice to work with. They..."
- "I just ordered and received my starter coop from The Urban Coop Company in Dripping Springs, Texas. I was horribly disappointed. It showed up with many of the pieces looking..."
- "The blond puppy is Maggie. The DNA I got back does not reflect any lab. The mother is Lab. I am sending a couple of pictures. I would like..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."