On May 23, my baby Junki (2 years and 3 months old) passed away from kidney failure caused by a liver shunt (which are known to be hereditary). We've had him for over two years and we was my little miracle and angel. He was a healthy beautiful baby and we made sure of that. He always had urinating problems as a pup so we changed his diet to consist of rice and chicken instead of dog food more often and it seemed to work for a while because the problems stopped and he was healthy. We made sure to feed him carrots and alot of healthy foods (of course with a couple of unhealthy treats every now and then) to promote a healthy system since he didn't like exercising much (he tired very easily).
Our vet (recommended by Petland) couldn't figure out how the shunt was developed, but I suspected that Junki had it since we got him and everytime we visited the vet, they said he was going to be fine. I recently did some research and found that he probably had portosystemic shunts.
Suddenly, without any idea what was going on, we found urate bladder stones (about 5% of overall bladder stones found in dogs) which are uncommon in malshi breeds (less than 5%) in his urethra. Everything happened so fast and the day after we found out about his stones, he passed away painfully in my arms. It was the most heartbreaking experience of my life. After doing some research, I found out that Petland got their puppies from puppy mills, and I can only suspect that Junki recieved his liver shunt genetically from his parents and the poor treatment in the puppy mills. I can't explain how heartbroken I am.
NEVER GET YOUR PUPPIES FROM A PETSTORE! ESPECIALLY PETLAND! You can't trust where their puppies come from and what conditions they lived in. I am so disapointed in myself for supporting puppy mills and pet stores and letting Junki suffer that way. I love him so much and I don't want anyone to lose someone they love the same way.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sick Puppy
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "If you are ever in the search for an American Bully, Pitbull style dog DO NOT get one from Christopher Thornton at Bayou Bully Kennels in Minden, Louisiana. He..."
- "There was a big puppy that was biting, which happens I understand, however I didn't get an associates discount util I was screaming for someone to come over. I was..."
- "I am a married mother of five from South Louisiana. I purchased a rare and expensive puppy (Dogue de Bordeaux) from Troy and Shantelle King, who represented themselves as seasoned..."
- "Borealis Face Cream was next to useless. If you fall in with a team of folks, you may pick up their Skin Care habits. Send me an email if you're..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "Everytime I eat breakfast at my local location, they never put herbs on the roasted potatoes unless I point out that they are missing. The first time when I pointed..."