We bought our Maltese puppy in January 2012 at PETLAND MONROEVILLE.We brought her home with kennel cough but that was not a problem with us.
The next three years we deeply fell in love with our little girl. We maintained her health and got her groomed every five weeks. We were especially careful in what she ate. This past Christmas was a good one for all of us.
Beginning the new year, we noticed a few lumps on our sweet Violet and took her to the vet not only for him to look at her bumps but to get her next vaccination that was due. When he told us she had lymphoma we were absolutely DEVASTATED. This loving member of our family has lymphoma? Where did this come from?
He mentioned to us that in his 30 years as a veterinarian he has never seen a dog so young get lymphoma. He asked again if she was only three and I assured him she was. We started chemo immediately. After a few weeks, we chose to stop the chemotherapy but keep her on prednisone.
We put her on a holistic diet (recommended by a holistic doctor that is a friend) with homemade fresh food consisting of 12 different supplements. We cooked three small meals for her during her last two months. This did not remiss her cancer. We had to euthanize her last week.
We are absolutely DEVASTATED by her loss. Not only because she was such a beloved member of our family but the fact that she only lived a little over three years. It just does not seem fair. I called PETLAND MONROEVILLE requesting to talk to the owner to inquire about the breeder.
I thought they might be interested in knowing what happened and to check on her breeder to see if perhaps any other dogs from that litter had congenital problems. I thought when I talked to him he really cared but I was really wrong about that. He said he would call me back. He never did, nor did he mention the three year warranty that I discovered later on.
Since I told him she was three it could have been possible that she was within the three year warranty. He also stated he was the new owner and he bought the business a little more than a year ago. In extreme grief my husband and I visited PETLAND MONROEVILLE this past week. We were greeted by a woman who informed us she was the owner and after talking with her she said her four sons run the store.
Funny, the guy who called me said HE is the owner and he’s owned the store for a year and a half. I told her about our Violet and she went in the back of the store and brought out a Maltese puppy that we could purchase for $2k. Her behavior was very inappropriate. It is definitely clear to me what the priority is to these owner(s) and it is not the health of the animals.
Needless to say, we are not interested in a new dog. Don’t really know when we would emotionally be ready (if at all} for another dog. I am writing this to add to the complaint list about my experience with this pet store.
I will never buy an animal from PETLAND MONROEVILLE again.Hopefully this story will make people realize that buying from a breeder is a better route to take.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Maltese Puppy
- Review category
- Pet Stores
You May Also Like
- "These pictures show the before grooming and after grooming of my niece's puppy, Max. A once affectionate and fun-loving dog is now a neurotic mess. He won't come..."
- "To summarize the past few months please see the email below that I wrote to Petco in March. I have yet to receive a response from them. My mom has..."
- "Well, my Husband and I thought that the owner of this store, David, was a great friend but we were quite wrong. David comes off as a sweet, and caring..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "We brought a coach and loveseat and have had 4 repairs so far and it is still not fixed. We asked them to exchange it for better furniture and the..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I sent in my LG G3 phone for repair in Sept. I received a status on 10/5 that if I want it repaired it would cost $72 which I agreed..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."